[TowerTalk] Re: Safe Tower Removal

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Safe Tower Removal
From: darrell.earnshaw@sap-ag.de (Darrell Earnshaw) (Darrell Earnshaw)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:25:04 +0200 (METDST)

      I've used this technique and it's okay. You have to have safety
loops
attached to the tower on everything or else it'll start heading for your
ground crew. There are 3 pieces involved so it's easy to lose your grip
on
something. Gaylen, WB0W has some special plates that make this safer and
more
effective.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

Steve, I have Gaylen's "tower-splitter" plates, and you still need to
cable them to the tower. They come as two separate triangular plates
(quite heavy) and a hydraulic jack - three separate and unconnected
components. Nice quality stuff though - just like his gin-pole.

-- Darrell  NR3Y/W6.