[TowerTalk] HitchHiking or Near Death Experiences

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HitchHiking or Near Death Experiences
From: k5pn@hotmail.com (Ron Chambers)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:49:15 PDT
This past weekend a couple of us spent in excess of 14 hours (2 days!)
at 170ft on Rohn 45 assisting K5MR with his full size 3 el 40m
beam....As I was coming down, arms and legs functioning but fatigued, I
could not imagine moving one inch (up or down) without one of my two
belts attached at all times...For me, the only time there is only one
belt connected is when I had to get around the huge TIC ring.....Please,
safety is not to be compromised just to gain few minutes in the ascent
or descent...I wholeheartedly support Kirk's (RO) statements....

Ron/K5PN