[TowerTalk] Concrete Base Installation Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete Base Installation Help
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:37:10 -0500
Another myth:

At 03:50 PM 8/25/98 -0700, you wrote:
  Also, don't be temped to put your grounding rods through the base.  I
>was originally planning to do this and found out that a lightening strike
would
>cause the concrete to explode, causing the tower to fall, etc....  >> KT3U

I have heard this many times, but have never heard of a case being
documented. The ARRL is one of the perpetuators of this, in their position
against"  "Ufer Grounds", but  I dont know who, at ARRL, started it.

If anyone knows of an authentic case of grounds through bases causing an
explosion, please post to the list, giving traceable info.

Remember- traceable, please. Second and third hand "my cousins dog groomer
heard of---" are not real.

Bill

Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill
 Woodville, Alabama, US 35776