[TowerTalk] ?: Construction Grout

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ?: Construction Grout
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 23:15:05 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-29 10:34:07 EDT, kb4kkl@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Rohn recommends Five Star Special 100 grout (or equivalent) to fill the
>  volume between the SSV base section flange plates and concrete pad. I've
>  been unable to locate this particular grout (manufactured by U.S. Grout)
and
>  I can't find the specs. Other brands of grout commonly used for mounting
>  heavy machinery are available locally (NW FL).

     Any non-shrink grout will be okay. Some is easier to work with. I got
mine at the local box hardware store.

> The highest 48 hour
>  compression strength found so far is 10 kpsi. Anyone know if this is good
>  enough?

     There isn't any weight on the grout - it just fills in between the
concrete base and leg flanges - so I don't think you need anything fancy. I've
never seen a spec for grout vis-a-vis tower construction.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC