[TowerTalk] Need Info: Tristao Crankup

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Info: Tristao Crankup
From: mueller@ucinet.com (Brett)
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 09:46:50 -0700
Greetings Gents,

I have an old Tristao 6105, 105' crankup tower laying out in my
driveway.  *My* XYL (N0XVK) is wondering when I'm going to get around to
putting the darn thing up so that she can get back to her code practice,
so I decided I'd better get on the ball and find some details on this
contraption!

I am assuming that this tower is not built to hold up 75m yagis, as it
doesn't seem to have the structural integrity for even moderately large
arrays -- but then, I'm not an ME, either.  I'd merely like for it to
hold up some wire for the low bands, and a small assortment of yagis &
quads for 12m & up.  So, I have a few questions relating to this olde
antique:

1.  Where might I obtain some specs for this tower to learn what loading
it was designed for and what guying is necessary?

2.  Where might I be able to purchase pulleys (3-1/2" dia, 7/16"
thick)?  The originals are of Formica (?) construction.

3.  How might I select pins (axles) for the pulleys such that I could
rest assured that they would have plenty of shear strength?

Thanks in advance!

73,
Brett Mueller, KB5CDX

The box said "Windows 95, NT 5.0 or better..."

      ...So I chose Linux.