[TowerTalk] Crankup Tower Problems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crankup Tower Problems
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:37:47 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-10 12:34:33 EDT, w5ps@airmail.net writes:

<< I have a 15yr old crankup tower which the cable last week snapped. My
 new 7 element 10 meter beam got bentup and my 5 element 15 meter beam
 bent in half in the middle of the boom. So now I have to replace the
 broken winch cable so I can fix or replace the antenna's. Is thier a
 procedure to replacing the 2 cables in the crankup towers? I can't tilt
 it over in the nested position because of a tree that has grown. I need
 to crank the tower up about 5 feet and then tilt it over. Any idea's?

      Did it happen due to a windstorm or other weather phenomena? If so, be
sure to submit a claim to your insurance company.

      What brand and model of crank-up? Positive pull-down?

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC