[TowerTalk] End Fed 1\2 Wave HF Vertical Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] End Fed 1\2 Wave HF Vertical Questions
From: rthorne@tcac.net (TCA Connection)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 22:39:39 -0500
When I first became a ham I built one for 10 mtrs.  If I remember correctly it
was a 16' (+-_ ) radiator, a single turn coil made out of 1/4" soft copper
tubing about 10" in diameter and a 100pf variable cap.

It worked great.  This was in 1979 during the peak of a cycle.  I have the
values for L and PF in a book in the garage for the other bands if your
interested.

Steve Gehring, KL7DC wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What kind of luck have YOU had with homebrew end-fed 1\2 wave verticals on
> the HF bands?  I'd like to hear what others have to say, especially on
> homebrew 20 through 10 mtr end-fed 1\2 waves.
>
> Personally, I had a positive experience with feeding and operating a 40m
> 1\2 wave inverted L with a beefy L network here in Alaska.
>
> 73 de Steve
>
> --

Richard Thorne - N5ZC (ex KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Amarillo, TX