[Fwd: [TowerTalk] Mast alignment was:refurbish a Thrust bearing?]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: [TowerTalk] Mast alignment was:refurbish a Thrust bearing?]
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 02:18:55 -0700
--------------D44587BED544FE9952D7E00B

--
66'9k'?:'<@'7:'h;'jj'7:'8m'=;':h'j@'@7'?i'=9'm<'jh

--------------D44587BED544FE9952D7E00B

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 02:09:09 -0700
From: Stan Griffiths <w7ni@teleport.com>
To: k4oj@ij.net

Hi Jim,

What ARE you talking about?  The bolt in the top of a Rohn pointy top is not a
centering adjustment or a means of allowing use of a less than 2 icnh OD mast.
It is only for clamping the mast and antenna securely in place when the rotator
is removed for service.  The rest of the time it is backed way off and
completely removed, in the case of my towers.  When you use a pointy top
(25AG3), it is made to accept a 2 inch OD mast with a nice clearance fit so it
rotates freely but is not sloppy.  If you, for some reason, want to use a
smaller mast, there are cast aluminum bushings made to insert in the top to
make it smaller and still center the mast in the tower.

I think you have the wrong idea about what the bolts in the top of the 25AG3
top section are used for, Jim.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

66'9k'?:'<@'7:'h;'jj'7:'8m'=;':h'j@'@7'?i'=9'm<'jh

--------------D44587BED544FE9952D7E00B--