[TowerTalk] Rope End Sealing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rope End Sealing
From: davidg@primenet.com (David Gilbert)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:32:27 -0700

Terry, I also melt the ends with a flame to fuse them, although I like the
idea of the heat shrink tubing suggested by KQ6UV and may try that next
time myself.  When melting the ends, though, first wrap a couple of turns
of some kind of tape around the rope where you plan to cut it.  Then cut
the rope through the midpoint of the tape with a razor blade or sharp knife
-- the tape will keep the twists of the rope from splaying out before you
get a chance to melt them together.  Done carefully, I can usually keep the
fused end almost the same diameter as the rope itself.

73,
Dave   AB7E