[TowerTalk] 160 inverted "L"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 inverted "L"
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (w8ji.tom)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 20:48:36 -0400
Hi Tom,

> I want to make a linear loaded inverted L for 160.  The vertical part
> would be 65 feet long, and the linear loaded part would be 30 feet.  I
> want to hook one side of the stub to the top of the vertical wire, and
> then short the other end of the stub.  Would 300 ohm ribbon be too
> narrow for the stub, or would I have to make some kind of open wire stub
> for the linear loaded portion.

Linear loading never seems to work as well as models indicate. That would
especially be true with twinlead as the loading stub. I'd opt for a good
hi-Q loading coil and maybe a multiwire top hat.

In any event, 30 feet of twinlead hung out on the end as a shorted stub sho
nuf won't act like 60 feet of wire, you'll be lucky if it acts like 65 feet

73 Tom