[TowerTalk] anchor shackles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] anchor shackles
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:58:30 -0600
I have used similar anchors with the 3-guy forged eye.

My solution was to use an in-line turnbuckle with forged eyes
at each end.  A short piece of cable with guy grips at each end
was used was used to connect the turnbuckle to the anchor.
Using this technique, it is a simple matter to install a safety
by merely extending the line above the turnbuckle to another
guy grip placed through the anchor eye, in parallel with the
turnbuckle.

73 / GL,  Tom  N4KG

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:06:50 -0500 Bill Aycock <baycock@hiwaay.net>
writes:

>The screw-in anchors I have are an over-kill, compared to the ones
>sold for
>the Rohn 25, and have a forged eye desigbed to rtake three cables. (at
>least that's how they look. They are 60 inches long, and have a 6 inch
>auger.) My problem is that the eyes of the turnbuckles wont fit.. I
>plan to
>use "anchor shackles" as listed in the Rohn catalog, but they do not
>describe what the size reference means.
>
>The sizes in the catalog range from 3/8" to 1-1/4, with load ranges
>from 1
>to 12 tons. My problem is- what does the inch size describe?- Is it
>the pin
>size, the opening size or what?
>
>What I need to fit over the anchor eye needs to have an opening size
>of
>about an inch.
>
>Help !
>
>Bill
>
>Bill Aycock   W4BSG
>Jackson County, AL
>EM64vr
>W4BSG is "vanity" this time, but was
>earned by exam in 1954, the first time.
>
>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]