[TowerTalk] hy-gain 300 centered posistion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] hy-gain 300 centered posistion
From: larsenp@cadvision.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 18:53:17 +0100
Hi Jim:

Jim White, K4OJ wrote:

> I am curious as to why you want to turn through South......most North
> American stations prefer having a dead spot NOT between EU and Japan!

The only way to have a rotor set up for VE6 is to have it North
stop. When you are following propagation from here it starts in EU,
then travels through Africa, SA, and then out to VK and JA. It is
very tough on rotors to Keep going from 120>150 (Carib and SA)
to 210>270 (Austral-Asia) if you have a south stop rotor. I now use
Yaesu 800s to do the JA/EU openings (as few as they are)
Please note that VE is a lot larger than W, so I would think that
only the southern stations (W4 e.g..) would want a south stop.

Have fun.
Peter
VE6YC  DO21wc