[TowerTalk] Addendum to CC ATB-34 Dinosaur

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Addendum to CC ATB-34 Dinosaur
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 21:31:25 -0500
Pete- I acquired an ATB-34 as a part of a tower deal, and did some
research- including getting a copy of the assembly manual from a fellow TT er.
As far  as I can tell, the ATB-34 is just an early version of the current
A4S, and looks quite similar. I would assume that the wind rating is the
same. - The current CC ads say the A4S has a wind load factor of 5.5 sq ft,
and a weight of 37 lbs.  No "survival" wind speed is given.

The F/B is given in the manual that I have, on a page with the SWR curves.
However, if your copy does not have them-the A4S is advertized to have
25dB. (? take with salt)

The biggest difference I can see is that they shifted some of the
dimensions a little, and left off the Balun, while showing you how to wind
your own on a soft drink bottle.

I am in process of re-fitting mine- it looks OK so far.

Bill- W4BSG

At 09:56 PM 9/21/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Greetings once again:
>
>I neglected to ask what the windload spec is, and any other important
>spec,  in my initial message.
>
>Tnx Pete K4LDR

Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill
 Woodville, Alabama, US 35776