[TowerTalk] KT-34XA tuning (long)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KT-34XA tuning (long)
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (w8ji.tom)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:11:47 -0400
Hi Bill,

> I have heard you mention doing everything except getting rid of that
tuned
> length line.  I would reset the elements to the mfg specs, and get
another
> line (NOT the same length) and try again.  Every good null you have is at
> multiple of the 7.15 where the coax is a half wave. This has to mean
something

If the line is 50 ohm line, SWR will not change with line length when
measured by a 259B. It also will not change in real life with line length
changes if the line is a 50 ohm line.

The only exceptions are:

1.) The line is not 50 ohms.

2.) Attenuation in the line will make the SWR better as the line length is
made much longer.

3.) Common mode currents on the line.

If changing the line changes SWR, he has one of those three problems.

73 Tom