[TowerTalk] Baluns

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Baluns
From: peplasters@rockford.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:54:01 -0500
Hi ALL,  I purchased aa G%RV at a hamfest from a well known vendor in the
Chicago area.  I put it up and could not load it at all.  I undid the
"adapter" that it came with, and hooked the ladder line direct to the Drake
MN75.  Worked beautifully!  Next, I cut the "adapter" open.  It was no more
than 2 jumpers from the So-239, to the ladder line!  The bag said "complete
with BALUN".  Now to the problem.  I want to get a REAL bakun to make this
antenna wwork like it should.  4 to 1 ?  1 to 1 ? Brand? Voltage or
current?  ETC.
Thanks, Paul WA9FFL
   o~
 _(/]_