[TowerTalk] Tic-ring

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tic-ring
From: SE060676@MSXSOPC.shell.com (Effinger SH (Sam) @MSXSOPC)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:21:29 -0500
I must be doing something wrong...I replaced the pot in my 1032 tic ring
less than 3 months ago and it's bad again..used the new Bourns pot from
Tic-ring so it's not the old model....

we haven't had any storm or any reason to think it was hit by lightning..

I plan to put MOV's and .01 caps on all the leads plus ferrite beads...any
other ideas..

The only thing I can think of would be...I have the cable on a Jones plug so
I can disconnect it during storms.   Maybe dis-connecting and re-connecting
with the power on caused a problem...

the plug will only connect one way...

any ideas ??? or just buy a handful of pots and install snaps for quick
removal ??...I like this rotor when it works...

and I still can't decide which radio to buy..the IC-775 dsp or the
FT-1000mp...is this a great country or
what ..I still remember when I got a used Heathkit DX-40 and was so happy I
smiled for weeks...ha

thanks for any info on the Tic-ring and I am not bashing Tic-ring...they are
great and I plan to put up at least 2 more..but having them rotate would be
a great help...ha   ..

thanks for any ideas
Sam  K9SD

Utilities SIET