[TowerTalk] B&W Broadband Folded Dipoles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] B&W Broadband Folded Dipoles
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 07:15:38 -1000
But the Windoms need good ground to do really well.

Better Barry put up a wire doublet:  two lengths of wire,
maybe 48 feet long each,  as he can not exceed
100 feet total length.  Feed with whatever length
of coax he needs to get from the feed point
at the junction of the two wires up in the air,
and spend his remaining money,  will be
easily at least $150 left over if he buys his
wire,  #14 copper and dipole center insulator,
balun from The Wireman,  Press Jones, on
an antenna tuner.  One rated to whatever power
Barry plans to run.  However,  if running more than
a few hundred watts,  $150 won't buy a ready
made tuner from MFJ,  Ameritron,  etc.  He
can build one up,  though from parts,  say from
Nebraska Surplus,  if he shops their catalog
with care,  don't spend for components rated
higher than necessary.

How's that for advice,  early on a beautiful
Hawaiian Fall morning?

73,  Jim,  KH7M