[TowerTalk] Tower/TVI discussion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower/TVI discussion
From: jccrtv@jccrtv.com (jccrtv@jccrtv.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 10:52:48 -0400
I know this subject is on the edge of falling within the tower group, but
with the TVI discussion going on I thought I'd just ask: What does the group
think about the HiQ Common-Mode filters sold through QST and others from RF
Inquiry Inc.? The ad claims "miraculous effect for any RFI, eliminating
common mode noise that low pass filters do not stop." Is this better than
the torroids I placed on the outside jacket to reduce the coax shield from
radiating noise? Sounds like a good idea, but the fewer "stuff" I have along
the transmission line the better. Anyone use em?

Jim - KS1A
Cutchogue, Long Island