[TowerTalk] measuring/cutting CATV cable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] measuring/cutting CATV cable
From: Ted.Boerkamp.boerkamp@nt.com (Ted Boerkamp)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 13:03:12 -0400
hello.....I have just managed to install a new tower and i will be using
some
.5 in. CATV cable to feed the antennas on it.....i am thinking about
running
one length of it to a ameritron rcs-4  switchbox....so i wish to cut it
for use
from 10 to 160 meters...using the formula for calculating
half-wavelengths,
i get an approximate length of 224.5 ft for a half wave on 1.775mhz....
my problem is that the distance from the top of the tower (where relay
box is)
back to the shack is only about 150-160ft.....can i coil up the extra
65-75ft
at the house wall before it enters the house?? will this cause any ill
effects
to my signal coming or going??? what does everyone else do in this
situation??
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...and by the way, thank-you
all the people who have replied to my earlier questions concerning the
use
of CATV cable.....i have learned alot from you all.....73  ted ve3ss