[TowerTalk] MFJ-259B at VHF

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ-259B at VHF
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 14:08:57 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-05 14:00:11 EDT, amaertz@oppd.com writes:

<< I have a M^2 22 element circularly polarized yagi (2mcp22) with a 4:1
 SWR on it as measured with the MFJ-259B.  It should be about 1.4:1 at
 max.  I've triple checked everything I did in assembly and it all checks
 out well. I have replaced the feedline, isolated the antenna from any
 potential undesired interacting structures, etc. but the SWR remains
 high with a small dip at the expected resonant frequency.  >>

        Sounds like you're getting some RFI. Are you close to any broadcast
stations or any other strong RF sources?

       What's the SWR look like in the shack? I would go by what the rig sees
over everything else. That would also eliminate any RFI problems.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC