[TowerTalk] more CATV questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] more CATV questions
From: Ted.Boerkamp.boerkamp@nt.com (Ted Boerkamp)
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 10:07:13 -0400
hello everyone....first, i wish to thank everyone who has responded to
my earlier msg concerning the measuring/cutting of CATV cable....
I guess at this point I have a choice to make....my dilema is that when
i calculate the physical length of a run of CATV , the two numbers that
i end up with are : 112 feet +/- and 224 feet +/- (dependant on VF of
cable)...
The distance i have to run this cable falls somewhere in-between at abt
150ft....the four options i have (correct me please if i am wrong) are:
1. cut for the longest length (good for .5 wl on 160m) and coil up the
extra
    length at the house before it goes thru the wall.
2. cut for the shorter length (good for .5 wl on 80m) and make up rest
with
    rg-213....(this will mean 40-50ft of rg-213...doesnt this defeat the
purpose
    for using low-loss cable?? the ratio of CATV to rg-213 is 112 to 38
feet
    or 30% of my run will be higher loss cable....
3. use matching transformers ....do you still need to cut CATV to
resonant
    lengths when using these transformers???
4. just cut the CATV to the length that gets me from "A to B" without
    checking for resonance.
I guess I wish to ask everyone their opinion on what they think I should
do
in my case....have I listed all the possible options??? I am presently
undecided
as to what I should do.....thank you all again for your help....this is
a great
reflector for getting useful information.....take care and 73  Ted VE3SS