[TowerTalk] AB-621/G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AB-621/G
From: shane@icu2.net (Shane NC4SA/KV4I)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 02:30:41 +0100
        I have just purchased an AB-621/G military surplus antenna mast. It
consists of 8 individual aluminum sections that all fit into a small
portable cage for transporting. They are each about 7+- inches in diameter
and have a thick wall. It is similar to a crankup in design in that you
crank it up as you add each section of mast. It is approximately 50 ft or so
when fully extended and is guyed at 3 different levels. What I need to know
is how much windload was this mast designed to handle and at what wind
speed. I know it wasn't intended for permanent installation and I wish to
use it only as a temporary mast(tower) mtn topping in VHF+ contests. I don't
want to overload it. Also was this mast designed to hold microwave dishes?
Just curious as to what Uncle Sam used these for. Thanks de nc4sa

The KV4I VHF/UHF contest group. If you haven't heard us yet you haven't been
on the air enough...
shane@icu2.net <mailto:shane@icu2.net>