[TowerTalk] GAP Verticals with 75 Ohm CATV Cable and/or Balun

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] GAP Verticals with 75 Ohm CATV Cable and/or Balun
From: n2cu@buffnet.net (Thomas R. Williams)
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 17:55:33 -0700
David,

I mailed out the reviews today. If you can't wait, you can view the QST
review of the Challenger from the Members Only Product Review on the
ARRL web site. BTW, I have no connections to GAP Antenna Products - I
just like the performance of the Challenger on 40m (especially).

GAP is just giving you a standard response so that they don't say
something that turns out not to be true. I don't see any reason why the
75 CATV won't work - as long as you can tolerate a higher SWR. I'm
feeding mine with about 100' of 20 year old RG-8, for what it's worth.

73,
Tom N2CU