[TowerTalk] Specs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Specs
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 22:21:26 EDT
Mr. Dimitry:

        Welcome to TowerTalk.  This is a very interesting audience you
have here.  I know that I have two towers, and I've been the lawyer for
the installation of more than 50 towers. The rest of the participants on
TowerTalk also have an especially keen interest in  -- guess what? --
TOWERS!

        You are never going to find an audience which more wants to hear
what you have to say about towers, especially if you are willing to throw
in some details.  Details, friend, the boys on this reflector LOVE
details.  We thrive on details.  We crave details.  Give us those details
in foot pounds, inches, alloy percentages, prices, shipping costs, brand
names of never-seize compounds, and so forth.

        You may not convince those among us who believe in the religion
of galvanized steel, but you have a shot at opening up even their minds
for such applications as temporary towers, portable towers, use of
aluminum tower as a boom, side-mounted masts, short top masts, and so
forth.

        So I, for one, say:  WELCOME.

        Talk towers to me.

Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]