[TowerTalk] [Fwd: Failed mail]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] [Fwd: Failed mail]
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (w2xx@cloud9.net)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 20:00:06 -0400
--------------1B090FBEFD7692D98CBCEF16

Sorry guys...this message bounced on the way to Barry so I'm posting
it here.
--------------1B090FBEFD7692D98CBCEF16

From: MAILER-DAEMON@cloud9.net
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:34:13 -0400 (EDT)
To: w2xx@cloud9.net
Subject: Failed mail

====== Transcript follows ======

While talking to smtp2-atl.mindspring.com [207.69.200.192]:
<<< 550 Access denied

====== Unsent message follows ======

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:43:52 -0400
From: w2xx@cloud9.net
To: w2up@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mobile mounts?

Hi Barry:

I have had a series of leased vehicles over the past few years.

The one thing I will caution you is that the height of an antenna
on top of a large SUV will be an obstacle when entering garages,
driving under trees etc.

My current vehicle, an SUV, has a pair of antenna mounts on it
for VHF/UHF stuff.  They are the Larsen through-the-glass type,
which I have found to be superior to the other through glass
products out there.  The caution you when applying them over
tinted windows etc., as some sorts of window film are metallic
and *might* cause a problem with the coupling device.  I haven't
had any trouble at all.

The other possibility, if you are hooked on the trunk lid type
of mount is simply to put it on the hood...it might be ugly though :-)

An other option is to drill a hole and mount it on the roof rack of
the vehicle, with a *short* ground lead to the chassis, usually
around the rear tailgate.

73, J.P.

--------------1B090FBEFD7692D98CBCEF16--