[TowerTalk] Vac Variable

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vac Variable
From: w0hh@ix.netcom.com (Tom Champlin)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 21:16:14 -0500
To All,
A ham friend and I are attempting to build a tower mounted tuner. We
need an 800pf Vac. Variable that can handle 1.5 kw at 1.8 Mhz. From what
I have seen so far, they are quite expensive, perhaps prohibitively so.
We are therefore seeking input on a source of used but good, reasonably
priced vv"s. I had one of these once, and a Tulsa ham called me day and
night until I sold it to him. What's the story on these things,
anyway???
73 & Thanks,
Tom W0HH