[TowerTalk] Guy anchor footings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy anchor footings
From: virago@ptd.net (Stephanie)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 10:20:53 -0400
Im in the midst of installing a Rohn 25G...60 feet and I have the
following scenario:

2x2x4 base....tower bracketed at 20 feet to house...tower will be guyed
at 55 feet.....one guy to the house and two other guys to footings
poured into the ground.

The problem I have is both anchors need to be 3x3x1.5 four feet in the
ground. Ive accomplished that with one anchor but the other Ive hit a
solid area of rock...I tried moving the hole but still hit more ROCK
about 3 feet down. The hole is kinda on a sloping part of my property
with one edge of the hole depth measuring 3 feet (closest to tower) and
the other edge only 2 feet. I dig both holes with a FORD tractor backhoe
so the hole is not getting any deeper unless I start blasting with some
TNT...;-).  Can I compensate for the lack of depth by making the
concrete footings bigger ? Im using GAR30 (Rohn guy anchors..7 feet
long)

--
Stephanie

http://www.qsl.net/kd2rz