[TowerTalk] Need Servo Motor for WR-1000

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Servo Motor for WR-1000
From: w0yk@email.msn.com (J. Edward (Ed) Muns)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:52:59 -0700
Sunday I tried to install an old antenna rotor, the Wilson Electronics
WR-1000.  However, I discovered that the servo motor is ruined by moisture
which has permeated the motor and rusted the whole thing solid.  Now, I need
to find a replacement motor which must be the exact same type in order to
fit mechanically and electrically.  Many years ago, Wilson Electronics went
out of business, but I know that they only OEM'ed their rotors from a big
Japanese company.  I cannot remember the name of this Japanese company, but
I remember seeing advertisements of the exact same rotor in the Japanese
amateur radio magazines.  I wonder if someone might help me find the
manufacturer and a new replacement servo motor?

The rotor is the biggest one made at the time and is for 40 square feet of
antenna.  It was designed to replace prop pitch motors on large antenna
installations.  The control box is a cube-shaped box about 7" on a side with
a meter, power switch, brake switch, CW and CCW rotating switches and a
"Max. Rotation" indicator light.  The servo motor has the following
information on its label:

        SERVO REVERSIBLE MOTOR
        TYPE    RM8S20-48
        100V    50/60 Hz        1350/1650 R.P.M.
        20W     0.7/0.65 A      10uF
        DUTY    30 MIN.         No. 7H7
        JAPAN SERVO CO., LTD. TOKYO JAPAN ADO1320

Also, if possible, I would like the small nylon gear that is attached to the
shaft of the motor.  However, if this cannot be found, then I can make the
old one work.

Thanks & 73,
Ed - W0YK