[TowerTalk] Re:

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re:
From: n7ml@imt.net (Mike Lamb)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 18:26:19 -0600
This is very interesting Guy!  I have wondered about the receive mode the way
you have and concluded something similar only I looked at it from a different
view in that I thought about the fact that some antennas might be in a null
while others might be in a (QSB?) peak.  The antennas in a null would only
dissipate maybe 3 dB compared to the large contribution of the antennas in the
peak.

Another interesting point is that I have consistently been used to getting
bigger reports than I can give out.  I run an honest 1500 watts and the stations
on the other end using that level give me about 2 s-units better reports often.
I have always written it off to a stingy Yaesu FT-1000D or MP s-meter that I
use.  Maybe there is more to it!

As you can tell, I am very afraid to formulate any technical conclusions, it is
all very complex, but I am learning a lot from this discussion, thanks to all.

73/Mike,N7ML