[TowerTalk] Invisible Fence

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Invisible Fence
From: garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net (Gary Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 23:13:51 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Fred Hopengarten wrote:

> My backdoor neighbor just installed an "Invisible Fence" (tm)  to contain
> his dog. Does anyone know what frequency this RF system uses?  Power
> output? Does it interfere with ham radio?  Will I interfere with it? (My
> buried radials are within inches of the buried "antenna" creating the
> perimeter.)

If it is the original Invisible Fence, they operate at either of two
frequencies, 7.5 kHz or 10.7 kHz. The modulation is at 30 hZ.

A contact name that I have at the factory is Jennifer Walsh and her e-mail
address is: jwalsh@invisiblefence.net

Jennifer did mention to me in an inquiry that I had, "There is a slight
possiblity of your radio operations
and the Invisible Fencing system reacting to each other  --  especially if
you are sending code transmission.  We stand behind our product with
money-back and containment guarantees.  Your local Dealer can explain these
programs."

I have been thinking of installing one of these myself and am very curious
what you find out Fred.

73,
Gary K9GS
 /   FP/K9GS, TO5M   |Society of Midwest Contesters |____________________