[TowerTalk] Open Wire Line

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Open Wire Line
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 05:46:22 -0600
Since at least the mid 1960's,  W1EVT  has  had 3 sets of
stacked half-waves in phase at half wavelength spacing
on 19 Rohn 25 towers 140 ft high.   These towers are on
a hilltop across the road from his house.

There are 2 levels on 40 M  (Lazy H), 4 levels on 20M,
6 levels on 15M, and 8 levels on 10M.  Three single folded
dipoles are used on 80M.   Clem determined that excessive
wire losses nullified the gain of  the ZL special he tried on 80.

To feed these antennas with minimum loss, Clem used 4 wire
open wire line, configured with the diagonally opposite sides
connected at each end.  I do not recall what wire size he used.

This is one of the most memorable antenna farms I have seen.

de  Tom  N4KG

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]