[TowerTalk] antenna for travelling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antenna for travelling
From: ARDUJENSKI@aol.com (ARDUJENSKI@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:31:39 EST
TO: Jurgen "Jo" Geldhof   ON4BCJ
I would suggest the St. Louis Vertical made from a 20ft telescoping fishing
pole. The site for info is at http://www.fix.net/~jparker/projects.html.
The fishing pole costs $20

I have two of these I made that I use phased or single ops. Collapsed it is
only about 40 inches. There is a W6MMA modification you can get also or make
your own coil. You can get 80-10M coverage with the coil modification. I would
say it is about 75% as effective as an inverted vee for comparisons. On 5
watts I can generally work coast to coast with at least a 559 or 55 sig
report.

I operate a lot of QRP so the antenna has to be efficient and lite weight for
field ops.....Alan KB7MBI