[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-31XR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-31XR
From: Guy Olinger, K2AV" <k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:17:56 -0500
Hi,

On my C31XR there is 29.5 inches clearance (not center-to-center) between
the forward element of the 10 m feed cell and the 1st 15m director.  The
center of this space is about 12 inches forward of the center of the boom.

Looking at N3RR's page, the boom appears to set in a cradle that is bolted
above the ring, giving perhaps an inch or two clearance below and an inch or
so sideways between the ring gear and the two inner elements on the C31XR,
if the model 1022 is used.  According to the material on the web page, this
model limits the tower to an 18 1/2 inch face at the mounting points.

It would seem that the elements would be an inch or so *above* the ring if
the 1032 is used, and would preclude the 1032's use unless some device to
raise the boom is used. Normal flexing in the wind might cause the elements
to touch the ring.

Perhaps those two elements could be mounted above the boom for use with a
ring rotor, to give added clearance. F12 would have to rule on that idea.

In any event either use is tight enough, that I would give N3RR a call
before committing funds.

73, Guy

Guy L. Olinger
k2av@qsl.net