[TowerTalk] TH-3 Cleaning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH-3 Cleaning
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 22:58:22 -0800

Hi fellow TT'ians

I just brought home my $10.00 TH-3 I bought, and it needs a good
clean-up.  I have a couple of questions.
  1.  It looks to be covered with a green moss type stuff.  What
works best to clean junk off of aluminum?
  2.  I would like to clean the traps out, but the end caps look
pretty hard and brittle.  I'm afraid if I try to pry them off,
they will break. Is it possible to take the traps apart without
ruining them?
All the hardware is going to have to be changed, nuts, bolts,
hose clamps, etc.  But hopefully I'll have a beam for 10 meters
again by the time the CQWW CW gets here.  73
Tom W7WHY