[TowerTalk] Diameter of mast tube on Rohn 25 top section

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Diameter of mast tube on Rohn 25 top section
From: k4oj@ij.net (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 06:18:55 -0500

Does anyone know offhand the outside diameter of the tube at the top of a
Rohn 25 pointy top (the one that accepts a 2-inch Rohn mast with a little
slop)?  I need to fabricate a step to enable me to stand at that level, and
need to know what size U-bolt to use.

Depends.......

I am looking at the Rohn cat and all the top sections have different
tubes......

The 25AG is 2" OD 8 1/2" past the legs
The 25AGI is 1.66" OD 12" past the legs
The 25AG2 is 2 1/4" OD 18" past the legs
The 25AG3 is 2 1/4" OD 12" past the legs
The 25AG4 is a flat top.......
the 25AG5's tube does not extend past the legs

PICK ONE!

Better yet invest in a Rohn Bible....heah as Towertalk moderator I woulda
thunk that was mandatory equipment!

73,

Jim, K4OJ
k4oj@ij.net

LESS THAN ONE  WEEK until my favorite contest, Sweepstakes CW.  Make sure
you work me so you will not miss the elusive South Floirda multiplier!

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:
http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm