[TowerTalk] Re: Wxproofing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Wxproofing
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 10:26:38 EST

> Got a post from Steve White who said to put the Scotchkote on the splice
>  first and then put the tape on over it.  What do you think about this?

     It sounds like it'd work but I'm personally reluctant to put it directly
on the connectors because you'll never get it off.

>  What I have been doing is using Scotch rubberized lineman tape and then
>  over wrapping with 33.

       Sure, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

>  How would a layer of Scotchkote work under and over the rubberized
>  linesman tape?

      It'd be fine. As long as you're using these acceptable products, the
exact order isn't critical. You're just trying to provide a barrier to
moisture and UV by using this 'belt and suspenders' approach.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC