[TowerTalk] Force 12 Balums

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Balums
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (w8ji.tom)
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 10:34:21 -0500
&
> they always work.
> 73  Joe WD5FHG

Amen!

No reason to spend bigger bux for something that doesn't work as well. For
lower bands you need more turns, but an air wound choke or current balun is
the best way to go for higher frequencies, or if size and weight aren't
issues.

I looked at baluns for a manufacturer many years ago, and did extensive
tests. The air wound choke balun was the most economical and best
performing 1:1 balun for high power or high common mode voltages across the
balun. Dollar for impedance, and dollar for watt, it came out on top.

73 Tom