[TowerTalk] guy wire effect

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guy wire effect
From: mlowell@noclant.navy.mil (Lowell, Mark)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 98 16:07:38 -0400
Greetings from Gloucester, VA.

I have a general question about the effect of guy wires interacting with
beam antennas mounted at the top of the tower, above all the guys.

 As far as the interaction goes, is the problem mostly with the disturbance
of the pattern of the RF field and not the forward gain?

In other words, if my understanding is correct, guy wire interaction may
reduce the front/back and front/side ratios, but not the forward gain.
Also, the measured SWR on the beam may rise due to parasitic interaction.

Do I have this right?

Is this the extent of the problems that may occur?

Thanks,

--...MARK_N1LO...--