[TowerTalk] Antenna Tuners

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Tuners
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 22:47:13 -0800

Hi TT'ians

This morning, a friend brought over a couple of automatic antenna
tuners, but I have no idea what they are.  They look very nice
inside, nice big coils, switches, 12 volt switching motors, etc.
I was wondering if anyone had an idea what they are.

Number 1
It says inside on a piece of paper on the lid, "SSB 200." That's
all.  On the end is a PL-259, a fuseholder, an octal socket, and
a big grounding stud.  On the side is a huge feed through
insulator. It covers 2 to 20 MHZ.  It switches every 2 MHZ, 2
MHZ, 4, etc., to 20.  Real pretty inside.

Number 2 has a tag, but part of the name is worn off.  It says
"Something" Electrical Company.  500 Maple Street, Belding Mich.
Anyone have any hints??  Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY