[TowerTalk] Tower and Antenna advice for a Newbie

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower and Antenna advice for a Newbie
From: hank@discovernet.net (Hank Brakman)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 19:42:35 -0500
Hello All

I'm new to towertalk, and I have a couple of questions.  I recently
acquired a Hy Gain HG-37SS tower.  I need info on how to go about
installing it.  I have the base that's supposed to be installed in
concrete, but I don't have any instructions on how to do so.  I also need
some of the engineering data for the tower so that I can present it to my
local zoning board when I try to obtain a building permit.  I called Telex,
and the girl who handled my call indicated that Telex had discontinued this
tower in June of this year, and that she would send the info.
Unfortunately, that was three weeks ago and I still have received nothing
from them.

I also must decide which of two tribanders to install.  I was given a
KT-34A that needs a little TLC, and the tower came with a Hy-Gain TH5/Mk2.
Which of these antennas would be better for me?

Finally, I'd like to put a 40m rotatable dipole up on the same mast as the
tribander.  Any particular brand /antenna suggestions?  Is this even such a
good idea at the 45' level?

Thanks,

Hank, N1YDY