[TowerTalk] Cloud Warmer Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cloud Warmer Antenna
From: wb8jkr@juno.com (Mark S Graalman)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:40:46 EST
  Lee, the best antenna I've ever used for that type
of thing was a 3 element wire beam pointed straight up.
 it was a 40 meter dipole at 30 feet with the reflector at
10 feet and the director at 45 feet, the sucker was killer
out to about 1000 miles. A two element job would work well also.

Mark  WB8JKR

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 16:45:46 -0600 Lee Buller <k0wa@southwind.net>
writes:

>Hello Evereyone....
>
>I trust you all had a great time on SS.  Well, I have a question about
>an
>antenna which has a specific job to do.
>
>I am looking for an antenna on 40 and 20 meters that is a cloud
>warmer.
>What I want is an antenna that is loud 600 to 1500 miles out....not
>3000
>miles.
>
>Anyone play with the concept?  Horizontal Loops?  Light Bulbs driven
>with a
>3CX3000A7?  Anyone have an opinion?
>
>Lee Buller
>k0wa@southwind.net
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]