[TowerTalk] Stacking question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking question
From: n7cl@mmsi.com (Eric Gustafson)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:07:32 -0700

Hi Tom,

I haven't investigated this yet.  But I'll bet that the effect is
very minimal given the H-Plane directivity (or lack of it) of
what is essentially a short boom 3 element yagi.

Do you have any idea about the quantity of "pattern loss" we're
looking for here?  I'll be pretty shocked if it turns out to be
enough to drop the array below the performance of a single
antenna.

Lunch is going to seem free all next week anyhow.  At least until
the turkey meat runs out.

I'll gin up a model and see how much of an effect this really
is.  Stay tuned.

73, Eric  N7CL