[TowerTalk] Inverted Vee on US Tower MA550

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Inverted Vee on US Tower MA550
From: jvilardo@voicenet.com (Joseph A Vilardo)
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 03:28:49 -0500
Hi Folks

I just completed the installation of a US tower MA550 with the rotating
mast.  I have to tell you that US Tower, while delivery was a 3 weeks
latter than promised, did a great job in packaging the tower and getting
here without any damage or missing pieces. Quite an accomplishment
considering it traveled from coast to coast by truck!!! They crated the
entire mast, all 23 or so feet !!!!.

My question concerns the mounting of an inverted Vee on a tower that
rotates.  Has anyone developed a "slip collar" or bearing that allows
the apex of the Vee to remain stationary while the mast rotates through
it?  What do you do about the feedline (coax) going to the antenna, this
assumes that the fixture for rotating the Vee is below the antenna??  US
tower makes a fixture for mounting inverted Vee's on their tower but
says it is not suitable for the rotating mast(MARB).

Thanks

Joe K3JV