[TowerTalk] electric winch for UStower MA550

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] electric winch for UStower MA550
From: k4ldr@sunco.com (Peter J. F. Shaw)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:46:52 -0500
Greetings Joe and Fellow TTers:

I have laying on-the-ground a pretty elderly  Wilson three section
tubular monopole crankup.  The ID labels have disappeared and I don't
know for sure what the model is but I think it is Wilson MT-61.   It
measures out to be equivalent to the MA-550MDP.

Here are the details on the motorized winch that was working on the
tower when it was dismantled.  The winch instructions state that it is
designed for use with E-Z way, Heights, and Wilson depending on
hardware pouch ordered.   It fit properly and didn't appear to be a
hip-pocket engineered arrangement.    Here is select data from the
original documentation.

Electric Hoist/Winch model 102A
Mfg by TOWTEC Corp., 118 Rosedale Rd., Yonkers, NY  10710
  914-779-4123
1,000 load handling capacity
Cable drum capacity 80 ft 3/16th 4,200 lb test aircraft-type cable
120VAC
33 lbs.
Purchased Sept 1986  Price $375

Does that help?

73  Pete K4LDR  Citrus County, FL

Member of the Florida Contest Group (FCG) - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out
the FQP website@: http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm