[TowerTalk] Delta Loops sharing feedlines

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Delta Loops sharing feedlines
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:16:20 -0600
Bill:

When I lived in Columbia, SC I had restrictions and could not put up a
tower.  However, I had a couple tall pine trees for supports.

I built three delta loops, one for each band, 10, 15 and 20.  I supported the
flat top of the delta just high enough so the bottom portion of the triangle,
also the feedpoint, was about 5 or 6 feet off the ground.  I then used a
quarter wave matching section using 75ohm coax.  Each quarter wave matching
section went to a remote coax switch, then one common feedline came into the
shack.  I used the Ameritron 4 position switch so I didn't need to have a
control line.

I realize your not going hang the loops outside, but wanted to pass on my
experience on how I fed my loops.  If you use the gamma matches just take a
jumper from each antenna to the switch.

GL