[TowerTalk] "Goop" Removal

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Goop" Removal
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 06:59:54 -1000

Making way for the horses,  so moving my antennas.  Have
many coax connectors out there sealed with tape and all
covered with The Wireman's Connector Seal, Butyl
rubber compound.   I assumed a bit of paint thinner,
 or something would clean this
stuff off the connectors when disassembling the
present set up.

This stuff seems resistant to ever coming clean!!  Any
ideas on what else I could use.  Am sending this to
Press,  but thought it might be of general interest,
thus the reflector post.  Press probably knows
exactly what I should use,  hi.

Happy Holidays to all,  share this time with your  family
and friends!

Mele Kalikimaka from Kauai,

73,  Jim,  KH7M