[TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Motors
From: k2qbv@cyburban.com (Joel)
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 11:12:28 -0500
Hello Greg.....Good morning on NEW YEARS DAY....

First let me tell you that I rebuild PROP PITCH rotators and have done so
for the last 15 years so my comments  are  not coming from "left field".

I recall that a few years ago I did work on  three P/P units and found
them to be acceptable in the 12 volt  version.  These units had a few
changes in their physical layout
and the  numbers or  symbols  (eg. P,S,T) were different on the bottom of
the motor.
Have you tried the units out and why do you think you need 24 volts?
Are you turning that much of a load?  If you like, I can try to contact
the person I rebuilt the motor for and ask what he is "turning".

In any event, I do not have the spare units you want to trade. P/P units
are getting harder to find  and just recently I had to take my  remaining
spare or back  up motor  to be turned down at a machine shop.

I have all the articles and reprints from 1947 CQ and QST if that helps
you out..

Regards,

Joel,  K2QBV
FIRST CALL COMMUNICATIONS,INC.
(a direct distributor for US TOWER CORP)
Toll free 800 HAM TOWER  (800 426 8693):