[TowerTalk] Pencil Marks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pencil Marks
From: NI6W@contesting.com (Kurt Andress)
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 11:12:33 -0800
Michael Tope wrote:

> Very interesting, Kurt. I wonder if Sharpies are safe? These
> things are great for marking on just about anything, but I
> never thought about the corrosion angle.
>
> 73 & HNY,
>
> Mike, W4EF..............

Hi Mike,
As far as I know Sharpies, grease pencils and other colored pencils would be ok.
I don't know what the Sharpie uses to make it black. Hopefully not carbon.
Unfortunately, the Sharpie and other felt pens make rather wide lines that make
it
hard to do close tolerance work.
I use regular old wax based red pencils. or fine tipped felt pens.

Maybe Eric, N7CL can find out what from his ex - A&P colleague what the
"approved"
marking materials are?

73, Kurt

K7NV "That's K7 "Nevada" (ex - NI6W)

YagiStress - The Ultimate Software for Yagi Mechanical Design
Visit http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/yagistress/