[TowerTalk] Force 12 Antanna Tool ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Antanna Tool ?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 22:29:39 EST
In a message dated 99-01-01 19:59:19 EST, jreid@aloha.net writes:

> I seem to recall that  special rivet  tool is needed
>  to assemble a Force 12 antenna.  What is it?  Am sure
>  has something to do with rivet construction;  my old
>  Mosley used sheet metal screws.  Can I get the needed
>  tool at an Ace Hardware;  have a couple here on Kauai?
>  Maybe the rivet tool comes along with the antenna kit.
>  Hope it is not some weird gadget that will have to be
>  ordered from Honolulu;  if so,  need to know fast,
>  as I'd like to put the C4 together next week and
>  up in the air on the weekend.

    Yes, your local Ace Hardware (Home Depot, Orchard Supply, etc.) has them.
Most come with multiple size capability with different dies (?). The Force 12
antennas use 1/8 inch which is pretty common. A nice Stanley is about $25 and
will take 4 different sizes.

       Good luck; you'll have a ball with the C-4!

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC