[TowerTalk] V's at 3 metres

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] V's at 3 metres
From: cdaly@tassie.net.au (Chris Daly (CD Audio))
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 11:06:17 +1100
Dear Tower Talk.
Im trying a V antenna for 3 metres terminated at 300 ohms on each leg of about
4 wavelengths My question is about a balun to match to RG8 (9913).
I know how to get to 300 ohms using a 1/2 wavelength 75 ohm section but I
need to know how to do a 2.1 balun to do 300 to 600ohms which is the
termination impedance and approximate characteristic impedance for this
antenna.

Regards from Cadence FM 99.3 Australia
Member of The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia